Confession: I just made a batch of chocolate chip peanut butter cookies for the kiddos/hubby and I ate a considerable glob of the batter. Ugh. I am a slave to the sugar demon.
Anyways, I the recipe I have for you today will definitely quell that sugar demon that can attack when you have a sugary breakfast. This often happens to me when I have something like pancakes or waffles for breakfast (which is typically weekends). I don’t know if it’s because I’m in the house all day or what but I end up being hungry alllll day. These filling pancakes have protein and greens so you can have your (pan) cakes and eat it too! Don’t worry about the spinach- the taste ends up being mild. If you’re worried about the taste just add more sweetener to the batter. But I didn’t add any and I just drizzled honey on top. It had a slight spinach taste that I didn’t mind. But if you do, add more honey in the batter! Two tablespoons should do it.
Here they are!
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach (I had a large handful)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (35 g) Or two tbsp of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- **Optional: 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Pre-heat griddle to 350.
- Mix everything in the food processor. If batter looks runny add more coconut flour 1/2 tablespoon at a time
- Pour on griddle (mine made 8 4" pancakes) and cook for 5 minutes on each side.