Hello and welcome to my second straight WIAW! I love reading other people’s WIAW so I figured I would keep up the routine.
It seems like pumpkin season gets earlier and earlier every year. I couldn’t wait…I roasted one up this weekend and now have a bunch to use up. So lots of my eats yesterday included pumpkin, go figure.
Breakfast was a smoothie with the new protein powder I’m trying out. I bought it at Wegmans.
A new hemp protein powder. I’ve tried hemp powders before but I finally think I’ve found the one I’ll stick to. I mix up a banana,1/4 cup coconut milk and 3/4 cup water, ice cubes, 3 tablespoons of protein powder, one tablespoon of almond butter, a tablespoon of cocoa and a little bit of maca powder.
I hate having protein shakes for breakfast because it really doesn’t keep me that full. I’m fine for lunch but when I get home I’m a hangry monster. All I have time for is the shake because I have been working out in the mornings and can’t fathom getting up any earlier (5:30 am). I love working out in the morning but I love breakfast. So this has been a dilemma. I haven’t quite decided on a routine since school started. We’ll see if I continue to get up to workout through the winter….
Can of Wild Planet Sardines and Soup (just like last week)
(I started eating lunch with people instead of alone and it was too awkward taking a picture, lol)
Anyways, when I got home from work it was beautiful out so I took the dog for a run. When I got back I inhaled two carrot pumpkin muffins (turned cookies) from the 21 Day Sugar Detox.
I can never make muffins because they ALWAYS stick. Please let me know if you know of a muffin tin that doesn’t stick!!! When I use papers they stick to the papers……usually it’s the coconut flour.
For dinner we ACTUALLY DIDN’T HAVE CHICKEN. Meatloaf made with beef and beef liver, green beans from the summer and a pumpkin-cauliflower mash was on the menu. How do you make pumpkin cauliflower mash!?!?!? Glad you asked!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh roasted pureed pumpkin (or canned...but taste will probably be blander so add more spices!)
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prep cauliflower by breaking it into florets. Place it in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Let the cauliflower come to a boil and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place it in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until creamy and enjoy!
- I roasted and pureed my pumpkin before hand. It's quite easy if you find some instructions online. If you use canned pumpkin for this recipe I would add more spice because I envision canned pumpkin being a lot more bland.
Lots of pumpkin, lots of deliciousness.
Do you know of any muffin tins that are good to use with coconut flour?
Do you take pictures of your food in front of people??