Woahhhh….the first recipe I’ve posted in over six months. Feels weird. But also feels good to get back to blogging a little. I caught you up to speed in how it’s going with my candida cleanse. Again, I feel like I basically want to quit everyday and eat a box of apple cider donuts. And pumpkin beer. I’ve really craved apple fritters or cider donuts more than anything. Probably because it’s fall and I haven’t been able to have any of it.
ANYWAYS, you have to survive somehow with no sugar, coffee or alcohol. So I made these granola bars! These are very similar to the regular granola bars I blogged about here and make my husband nearly every week in his lunch. A version is also in my cookbook. I just left out the honey or sugar. Gluten free oats are allowed on the candida cleanse I am doing, in moderation. I like to use homemade cashew butter and it makes them kind of taste like cookie dough bars! The result is a gluten free, sugar free, dairy-free candida friendly snack. Best of all there are only four ingredients! Super simple and worth the small amount of effort.
You could add chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit if you’re not on the cleanse as well.
Candida Friendly Granola Bars
1 cup nut butter (sugar free!) *I like homemade cashew
1 and 1/2 cups gluten free oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.Pre-heat oven to 350. Melt the nut butter in a large, glass, microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
2. Mix your oats in and stir until well incorporated.
3. Add the egg and cinnamon and stir again until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into an 8X8 baking dish that is greased, sprayed with non-stick spray, or lined with a silicone sheet. I like my silicone baking sheets so much! Nothing sticks.
5. Press the mixture down until it is even in the pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. After cooled, cut into bars!
Makes 8 bars.
If you’re not used to sugar-less treats just be aware that these have NO sweetener, so they might take some getting used to. If you’re on the candida diet or have been away from sugar like me they should taste just fine.